Friday, April 15, 2011

Sweet Love Dead

So I decided to change the name of my blog from 'Sweet Love Dead' to 'Who is Garrett' (which I totally stole from Keren). There is no real reason except that I am an impulsive person. Many people always asked what did the title mean and I responded that it was the end of a poem and it made me happy. As a stand alone title many of my close friends told me it came off 'emo' (Luke, Catherine, Javier, Alanna), I hope this one appeases your sensibility more than the last. In parting with my old shell I wanted to share with you the poem that it originates from.

An Evening by Gwendolyn Brooks

A sunset's mounded cloud;
A diamond evening-star;
Sad blue hills afar;
Love in his shroud.

Scarcely a tear to shed;
Hardly a word to say;
The end of a summer day;
Sweet Love dead. 

1 comment:

  1. That's a beautiful Gwendolyn Brooks poem. I do not remember ever reading it. I however do like the change of name for your blog.

    ReplyDelete