Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Harmony in Dissonance

You know that one conversation you feel like you have been waiting to have for a long time, not with any particular person or about a particular thing, but than you have it and it feels like you had been waiting to hear those words for far too long.  A conversation that rewards you with clarity and focus.

I had been very unsure about whether or not to continue onto law school for some time, I had been hesitant due to the banality of a large majority of the work coupled with an unsure job market and the sure certainty of large sums of debt to be accrued in the process. 

On top of that I had been trying to find self purpose in the current work I have been doing; the reelection of a local congressman.  While I believe he is truly the better candidate and I am completely committed to his campaign I had asked myself "how is this furthering me".  In a tough job market that is only getting increasingly competitive I felt I should be moving towards my future as opposed to sitting in neutral hoping for something to make itself evident.

Thanks to a conversation with a friend I have found the correlation between my now and my tomorrow.  I am reinvigorated with new goals to accomplish along the way to my final destination that will be stimulating, challenging and hopefully rewarding.  Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment